CONNECTS the University of Sydney, its researchers and its students to China by providing a platform to create innovation and knowledge networks, identify emerging opportunities and strengthen research collaboration and mobility.
The Centre in China will
- provide an interactive, multifunctional environment to ideate, collaborate and incubate
- support attachments for academic staff from the home campus and their academic collaborators from partner institutions across China
- facilitate research and industry collaboration and liaison
- promote student mobility and internships to China to support the University of Sydney’s internationalization of curricula agenda
- provide a teaching and learning environment for programs in collaboration with Chinese universities, institutes and business including training and executive programs
- engage with the local academic and broader community through the Sydney Ideas – Suzhou Forum (click here to find out about Sydney Ideas – Suzhou events)
- provide a hub for alumni activities in China (click here to find out about Alumni)
Based in the Suzhou Industrial Park Dushu Science, Education and Innovation District, the University of Sydney Centre in China is a purpose built facility, offering a flexible space to provide visitors with an inspiring Australian learning and teaching environment. With a seminar theatre and breakout group areas, a boardroom with teleconference facilities, workspaces for visiting students and academics, and open spaces for cultural and public events, the centre is designed as a meeting place for interaction and collaboration.